If you have booked a train ticket from a railway reservation counter and want to cancel it, you can now do it online. This facility is available for both confirmed and waitlisted tickets.
IRCTC has made it easier to cancel a train ticket booked at a counter online through their official website irctc.co.in.
However, the refund needs to be collected from the railway station counter, in case a bank account for a refund is not provided.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about how to cancel a counter ticket online in India,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
Details required to cancel a train counter ticket online
You will need the following details to cancel a train ticket that is booked through the ticket counter.
- PNR number of the ticket.
- Train number.
- The mobile number that is provided during ticket booking.
Steps to cancel a counter ticket online through IRCTC in India
To cancel a train ticket booked through the counter online,
Step 1: Go to the official website of IRCTC
- First, go to the official website of IRCTC at irctc.co.in
- Next, click on the ‘Trains’ option at the top of the page.
- Next, select “Cancel Ticket” from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the ‘Counter Ticket’ option.
- A new page will open.
Step 2: Enter your ticket details
- Now, enter the 10-digit PNR number that is printed on your ticket.
- Next, enter the train number that is printed.
- Next, enter the captcha code.
- Next, check the checkbox provided.
- Next, click on the “Submit” button.
You will see the details of your ticket such as train number, name, date of journey, class, quota, etc.
Step 3: Verify your mobile number
- Now, enter the mobile number that you gave while booking the ticket at the counter.
- Next, click on the “Get OTP” button.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile number.
- Next, enter the OTP in the specified field.
- Next, click on the “Submit OTP” button.
You will see details of all the passengers on the ticket such as name, age, gender, etc.
Step 4: Select passengers and confirm cancellation
- Now, select the passenger or passengers for whom you want to cancel the ticket.
- Next, click on the “Cancel Ticket” button.
- You will see a confirmation message that your ticket has been canceled successfully.
You will also see the refund amount and refund status.
By following these steps, you can easily cancel your train ticket that is booked on the counter, online.
In case you have booked a ticket through IRCTC and want to cancel it, you can do it online easily.
Some more articles you can check out:
- 6 Must Visit Beaches Near Santa Ana (California)
- 5 Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks in Odisha
- How To Book Train Tickets (Reserved) Online In India 2023
- 5 Mesmerizing Waterfalls to Visit in Wisconsin (USA)
- How To Add Money On the UTS App R-Wallet Online 2023
- Indian Railways UTS App Registration Process Online 2023
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the article are affiliate links. This means when you buy or book anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
The images used in the article are for representation purposes only.