According to the latest update, six people are in isolation in the hospital while 1,977 are under home surveillance among the 2,57,887 people screened in West Bengal
No one has tested positive for the fatal disease in the state as of 14th March 2020, according to a health department official.
Four among the six patients (three Indians and a Peru national) who were suspected of showing the widespread coronavirus symptoms have been kept at the state’s referral health facility for infectious diseases ID Hospital Beliaghata.
According to the reports, an Italian couple and a Thai national, whos samples tested negative were released from the hospital on Friday.
A total of 69,522 persons have been screened at Kolkata and Bagdogra airports, while 184,736 others underwent screening at seven Land Border Check Points along Nepal and Bangladesh.
Also 3,768 crew members of ships have been screened in three ports.
According to the health official, “So far 2,187 travelers from COVID-19 affected countries have been identified and placed under surveillance. For 204 of them, the surveillance period has been over. Six are admitted to an isolation facility. The rest 1,977 are under home surveillance. All of them are stable,”.
Fifty samples were sent for testing to the National Institute of Virology (NIV) Pune and ICMR-NICED, Kolkata, and all of them tested negative.
The state health department has advised people at large to follow the cough etiquette by covering the nose and mouth using handkerchief/towel while sneezing/coughing and do frequent hand-washing with soap and water.
“Those who have arrived from the COVID-19 affected countries should remain under home isolation for 28 days from the date of arrival in India, even if they do not have any symptoms.
They should contact the 24×7 Help Line numbers (1800 313 444 222 / 033 2341 2600) in case they develop a fever with cough or difficulty of breathing during this period,” a health department bulletin said.
Read Other latest News
- NASA’s Perseverance Rover Lands on Mars – See First Images
- Zoom becomes the most downloaded app in India. Beats Tiktok.
- ICICI Bank launches Whatsapp Banking System
- Domestic, International Flights ban extended till 14th April
- Get E pass for essential services in West Bengal 2021
- SBI Fixed Deposit rates revised. Check them here.
- NEET Exam 2020 postponed – New exam dates will be announced soon
- RIL to pay salary twice to employees who earn below Rs.30000
- SBI shortened bank branches’ timings. Here are the new working hours