Kashmir is often known as the paradise of India. The entire state of Jammu and Kashmir is filled with snow-capped mountains with pine, deodar, and spruce trees.
It also has picturesque lakes and breathtaking valleys traversed by numerous streams. One such valley is the “Doodhpathri,” or “the valley of milk.”
You can identify the bowl-shaped valley with the shining streams crossing over it. The water flowing over the alpine meadows has a milky appearance.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about Doodhpathri in Kashmir,
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
Location of Doodhpathri
It is located in the Budgam district of Jammu & Kashmir.
The beautiful valley is perched at an altitude of 8,957 ft from sea level and located at a distance of approximately 42 km from the state summer capital Srinagar and 22 km from district headquarters, Budgam.
Natural beauty and ambiance of Doodhpathri
Doodhpathri is a beautiful meadow with an emerald carpet of grass, and this is the most beautiful sight you can see and capture once you visit here.
A beautiful river sparkles and winds through the middle of the meadow. It is a symbol of charm and delights visitors.
The place, along with its natural gems, looks beautiful and pleasant.
You can spot a few shepherds in the alpine grasslands. Another exciting thing you can see here is that some people enjoy a pony ride in the vast extended meadows.
If you are lucky enough, you can also see some bears and other rare wildlife here.
At night the sky looks marvelous too!
Activities to try in Doodhpathri
- Soak in the alluring beauty of the green bowl-like valley surrounded by mighty mountains.
- Stroll and take adorable pictures in the lush green meadows.
- Sit and relax on the pebbles to have a mesmerizing sight of the Shaliganga and the bordering pine and fern trees.
- Enjoy a pony ride in the vast meadow.
- Trek to Mujhpathri to see the Turnips.
- Photograph the rural community of grazing cattle and shepherds in Palmaidan.
- Rejuvenate yourself in the serene and peaceful nature of Doodhpatri.
- Enjoy camping amidst the surreal nature.
There are several other activities that you can do in the quiet valley of Doodhpathri. You can read about them in this article: 10 Incredible Things To Do In Doodhpatri
Best time to visit Doodhpathri
The spring and summer months, i.e., from May to September, are the finest times to visit Doodhpathri. Although it also depends a lot on what you’re searching for.
It is better to go there in February to get views of the magnificent snow-covered meadows and white valleys. But if you’re longing to see the lush green meadows blooming with wildflowers, April, May, July, and August will be the ideal time.
If you don’t like the rain, you can avoid visiting here from August to September.
Other attractions near Doodhpathri
The nearby attractions are Majhpathri, Tangnar, Palmaidan, and Dishkal.
These places draw a lot of tourists from all over India. Here, nature is wrapped in green and looks lovely!
If you are tired of the mundane life, you must plan your trips to this serene and lovely valley. Undoubtedly the charming aura of the destination will make you smile in every possible way.
It’s time to rejuvenate your soul, so backpack and set off to the enticing valley of milk, aka Doodhpathri.
Some more articles you can check out:
- 6 Must Visit Beaches Near Santa Ana (California)
- 5 Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks in Odisha
- How To Book Train Tickets (Reserved) Online In India 2023
- 5 Mesmerizing Waterfalls to Visit in Wisconsin (USA)
- How To Add Money On the UTS App R-Wallet Online 2023
- Indian Railways UTS App Registration Process Online 2023
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the article are affiliate links. This means when you buy or book anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
The images used in the article are for representation purposes only.