Kolkata: The West Bengal Police started the process of issuing E-pass to essential service providers and online delivery providers to maintain the free flow of essential goods across the city.
The passes will be issued to all the individuals who will be responsible for the supply of essential services.
The West Bengal police said that the passes will be valid across the state.
According to the latest guidelines released, intra-state travel has been restricted. Also, movement of private vehicles, taxis and auto-rickshaws has been prohibited except to and from hospitals, diagnostic and vaccination centres, airports and media houses.
Who will get the E-Pass?
Essential service providers like medicines, groceries, and vendors attached to e-commerce and online delivery service providers.
How to get the e-passes?
Individuals and organizations can apply online for the e-passes at https://coronapass.kolkatapolice.org
- Once you are on the portal, click on the ‘I Agree’ checkbox below the screen.
- A new page will open up. Select ‘Individual’ or Organization’ as per requirement.
- Provide all the required details, including name, address of the source and destination, details of the vehicle, the reason for commuting, etc.
- Tick the checkbox ‘I shall not operate/commute in the containment zones’.
- Submit the application.
- The applicant will receive the QR code-enabled e-pass through e-mail or SMS after successful verification.
- Download the e-pass and paste. It can be pasted on your vehicle during travel.
Those who will fill up the application will have to mention the nature of their emergency work, or if they are engaged in the supply of essential goods, or if they are engaged in e-commerce.
The lockdown has now been extended till May 30, 2021.