If you are a frequent traveler of local trains or unreserved express trains in India, you might want to avoid the long queues at ticket counters.
The Indian Railways has made booking unreserved train tickets online easier through their official UTS app.
UTS stands for Unreserved Ticketing System and allows you to book unreserved tickets for both local and express/mail trains using your smartphone.
In this article, you will get to know the following points on how to book train tickets on the UTS app,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
Requirements to book tickets on the UTS app
You will need an account on the UTS app to book your unreserved train ticket. You also need to have a balance on your R-Wallet or have an active online payment method.
In case you don’t have an account, you need to register first.
You also need to have good internet connectivity and a GPS signal on your smartphone.
There are two types of tickets you can book on the UTS app, paperless and paper.
A paperless ticket allows you to travel without any printout or physical ticket. You can simply book the ticket and get on the train. However, you need to be 100 meters away from any railway station or track to be able to book this ticket.
The paper ticket, on the other hand, needs a printout from the ticket vending machines situated at the railway stations. You can book these tickets from anywhere.
Steps to book train tickets on the UTS app
To book an unreserved ticket on the UTS app,
Step 1: Download the app
- Download and install the UTS app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Next, open the app and tap on the ‘Login’ button.
- Next, enter your registered mobile number and password and tap on the ‘Login’ button.
- You will be logged in.
Step 2: Set origin and destination
- Now, select the type of ticket you want based on your preference and location.
- Next, select the ‘Depart from’ (origin) and ‘Going to’ (destination) stations.
- Next, tap on the ‘Next’ button.
- Next, select the route via which you want to travel.
Step 3: Fill travel details
- Now, select the number of adult and child passengers.
- Next, select the travel type (One-way journey or return).
- Next, select the train type.
- Next, select the payment method.
- Next, tap on the ‘Get Fare’ button.
Step 4: Book tickets
- A preview of your ticket details and fare will be displayed.
- Next, tap on the ‘Book Ticket’ option.
- Next, complete the payment method based on the option selected.
- Your ticket will be successfully booked.
In case you have booked paperless tickets, you can show your booked tickets to the ticket checker directly from the app by going to the ‘Show Ticket’ option.
For paper tickets, you can print them out from the ticket machines situated at most railway stations.
By following these steps, you can easily book your unreserved express or local train tickets online using the UTS app.
You can also use the app to cancel your tickets, add money to R-Wallet, view your booking history, change your profile settings, sync your tickets across devices, and more.
Some more articles you can check out:
- 6 Must Visit Beaches Near Santa Ana (California)
- 5 Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks in Odisha
- How To Book Train Tickets (Reserved) Online In India 2023
- 5 Mesmerizing Waterfalls to Visit in Wisconsin (USA)
- How To Add Money On the UTS App R-Wallet Online 2023
- Indian Railways UTS App Registration Process Online 2023
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the article are affiliate links. This means when you buy or book anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
The images used in the article are for representation purposes only.